Saturday, February 23, 2008

First signs of spring in my yard




















Simple Pleasures! I am one of the few people I know that gets excited when the "weeds" start to pop up in the yard. Yarrow and Catnip (left). Dandelion is also starting to produce fresh leaves, there was just a few for my salad. I noticed my lemon balm plant is begining to show it's new leaves as well, I can't wait to try the Lemon Balm (herb of the year 2007) elixir Kiva suggested!
When I went out to check the mail I noticed this Oregon Wild Iris is growing right by my mail box. Signs of spring are here!

4 comments:

Oakmoss Changeling said...

Ohh, how pretty! I always love your pictures, Angie.

Angie Goodloe LMT, Herbalist said...

Thanks Kiva!

Yarrow said...

Beautiful. I too am always so excited by the first "weeds". Love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have found your blog! I am going to begin my first garden this year and I am interested in growing and using herbs.

I hope you'll visit my blog: http://baltimorebliss.blogspot.com

Be Well,
Sundari